Details of flight MH370
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared on 8 March 2014. An international passenger flight operated by Malaysia Airlines. Here are some factual references..
- a Boeing 777-200ER (serial 9M-MRO) at Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
- 227 passengers (including 2 infants), 12 crew members (Passenger Manifest)
- Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah. age 53. 18,365 flying hours
- Co-pilot, First officer, Fariq Ab.Hamid. age 27. 2,763 flying hours.
Detailed Time Line
- Cockpit : Communication from the plane”s cockpit
- Plane : Communication from the plane”s onboard systems
- Delivery : ATC DELIVERY
- Ground : LUMPUR GROUND
- Tower : LUMPUR TOWER
- Approach : LUMPUR APPROACH
- Radar : LUMPUR RADAR (AREA)
- 12:25:53 : Cockpit : Delivery, MAS 370 Good Morning
- 12:26:02 : Delivery : MAS 370 Standby and Malaysia Six is cleared to Frankfurt via AGOSA Alpha Departure six thousand feet squawk two one zero six
- 12:26:19 : Delivery : … MAS 370 request level
- 12:26:21 : Cockpit : MAS 370 we are ready requesting flight level three five zero to Beijing
- 12:26:39 : Delivery : MAS 370 is cleared to Beijing via PIBOS A Departure Six Thousand Feet squawk two one five seven
- 12:26:45 : Cockpit : Beijing PIBOS A Six Thousand Squawk two one five seven MAS 370 Thank You
- 12:26:53 : Delivery : MAS 370 Welcome over to ground
- 12:26:55 : Cockpit : Good Day
- 12:27:27 : Cockpit : Ground MAS370 Good morning Charlie One Requesting push and start
- 12:27:34 : Ground : MAS370 Lumpur Ground Morning Push back and start approved Runway 32 Right Exit via Sierra 4
- 12:27:40 : Cockpit : Push back and start approved 32 Right Exit via Sierra 4 POB 239 Mike Romeo Oscar
- 12:27:45 : Ground : Copied
- 12:32:13 : Cockpit : MAS377 request taxi.
- 12:32:26 : Ground : MAS37….. (garbled) … standard route. Hold short Bravo
- 12:32:30 : Cockpit : Ground, MAS370. You are unreadable. Say again.
- 12:32:38 : Ground : MAS370 taxi to holding point Alfa 11 Runway 32 Right via standard route. Hold short of Bravo.
- 12:32:42 : Cockpit : Alfa 11 Standard route Hold short Bravo MAS370.
- 12:35:53 : Ground : MAS 370 Tower
- 12:36:19 : Ground : (garbled) … Tower … (garbled)
- 12:36:25? : Cockpit : 1188 MAS370 Thank you
- 12:36:30 : Cockpit : Tower, MAS370, Morning
- 12:36:38 : Tower : MAS370 good morning. This is Lumpur Tower. (garbled)..Alfa 10 32 Right
- 12:36:50 : Cockpit : Alfa 10, MAS370, copies that.
- 12:38:43 : Tower : 370 line up 32 Right Alfa 10.
- 12:38:49? : Cockpit : Line up 32 Right Alfa 10 MAS370.
- 12:40:38 : Tower : 370 32 Right Cleared for take-off. Good night.
- 12:40:43? : Cockpit : 32 Right Cleared for take-off MAS370. Thank you Bye.
- 12:41:?? : Plane : Takeoff. All tracking systems are working, headed for Beijing.- CNN
- 12:42:05 : Cockpit : Departure Malaysian Three Seven Zero
- 12:42:10 : Approach : Malaysian Three Seven Zero selamat pagi identified. Climb flight level one eight zero cancel SID turn right direct to IGARI
- 12:42:48 : Cockpit : Okay level one eight zero direct IGARI Malaysian one err Three Seven Zero
- 12:42:52 : Approach : Malaysian Three Seven Zero contact Lumpur Radar One Three Two Six good night
- 12:43:00? : Cockpit : Night One Three Two Six Malaysian Three Seven Zero
- 12:46:51 : Cockpit : Lumpur Control, Malaysian Three Seven Zero
- 12:46:52? : Radar : Malaysian Three Seven Zero, Lumpur radar Good Morning climb flight level two five zero
- 12:46:54 : Cockpit : Morning, level two five zero Malaysian Three Seven Zero
- 12:50:06 : Radar : Malaysian Three Seven Zero, climb flight level three five zero
- 12:50:09 : Cockpit : Flight level three five zero, Malaysian Three Seven Zero
- 01:01:14 : Cockpit : Malaysian Three Seven Zero, maintaining level three five zero
- 01:01:19 : Radar : Malaysian Three Seven Zero
- 01:07:?? : ACARS : sending communication. “showed normal routing all the way to Beijing.”-CNN.
- 01:07:55 : Cockpit : Malaysian…Three Seven Zero maintaining level three five zero
- 01:08:00 : Radar : Malaysian Three Seven Zero
- 01:19:24 : Radar : Malaysian Three Seven Zero contact Ho Chi Minh 120 decimal 9 Good Night
- 01:19:29 : Cockpit : Good Night Malaysian Three Seven Zero
- 01:19 : Plane : is apparently leaving Malaysian airspace and entering Vietnamese airspace. LIkely was the co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid who last spoke. (investigations indicated) – CNN
- 01:21 : Plane : Transponder off (said Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, director of the Malaysian Department of Civil Aviation – CNN) (Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam said – BBC)
- 01:21 – 01:28 : Plane : appears to be changing course. (CNN)
- 01:22.: Thai Radar : Plane disappears from Thai military radar. Thai military radar is tracking the plane”s signal, but it disappears at 1:22 a.m., a Royal Thai Air Force spokesman told CNN.
- 01:28 : Thai radar : picks up unknown aircraft. The Thai radar station in southern Surathani province picks up an unknown aircraft flying in a direction opposite to what Flight 370 had been traveling, a Royal Thai Air Force spokesman told CNN
- 01:30 est : Civilian radar : loses contact with planeMalaysian air traffic controllers in Subang, outside Kuala Lumpur, lose contact with the plane over the Gulf of Thailand between Malaysia and Vietnam at coordinates 06 55 15 N and 103 34 43 E. (CNN)
- 01:37 : ACARS : Nothing received. Expected (30min) ACARS transmission doesn”t happen. Yahya said the ACARS stopped communicating sometime between 1:07 and 1:37 a.m. – CNN
- 02:15 : Military radar : Plane detected. tracked the plane as it passed over the small island of Pulau Perak in the Strait of Malacca according to a Malaysian Air Force official – CNN.
- Malaysian military radar plotted Flight MH370 at a point south of Phuket island in the Strait of Malacca, west of its last known location. Thai military radar logs also confirmed that the plane turned west and then north over the Andaman sea. – BBC
- Military radar showed that it flew in a westerly direction back over the Malay Peninsula, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Raza said. It is then believed to have either turned northwest toward the Bay of Bengal or southwest elsewhere into the Indian Ocean.- CNN
- 02:40 : Malaysian air traffic controllers : tells Malaysia Airlines the plane missing from radar. – CNN.
- 02:40 – 03:45 : Malaysia Airlines : Attempting to locate the the plane.
- “sourced every communication possible to (Flight 370) to locate its whereabouts before declaring that it had lost contact with the aircraft,”..”During this period of uncertainty, Malaysia Airlines needed to establish facts by contacting other air traffic controllers and aircraft flying within the same route,” the company said – CNN
- 03:45 : Malaysia Airlines : Issues an alert.
- Malaysia Airlines said it issued a “code red” alert that the plane was missing from radar. “code red” is when it declares that a crisis requires immediate deployment of emergency response plans. It said it took about an hour to issue the alert because it was trying to locate the plane and confirm that it was missing. To verify, it used various measures, including sending messages to the plane and awaiting a response. – CNN
- 06:30 : Alternate reality : Plane would have arrived in Beijing
- 07:24 : Malaysia Airlines : Public announcement of disappearance on Facebook
- 08:11 : Plane : Last satellite “handshakes”. FAA and Britain”s Air Accidents Investigation Branch concur, – CNN
- 08:19 : Plane : Satellite “handshakes”, likely partial handshake. There is some evidence of a further “partial handshake” at this time between the plane and a ground station but experts are still working on analysing this data, the Malaysian transport minister said on 25 March. -BBC.
- 09:11 : Plane : no data received.
- 09:15 : Plane : This would have been the next scheduled automatic contact between the ground station and the plane but there was no response from the aircraft. – BBC.
Update 2020: Summary of events..